Sunday, October 01, 2006

Lets Talk about Music..

ok.. so I was reading Lauras blog.. and Im officially "tagged" and now so are you.. so when you are done reading this, head over to your blog and list the 7 songs that are in your head or whatever right now..

The Power of Music is really getting to me these days... Growing up, my Dad used to drill into our heads to "sensor" what we listened to as it can affect the way you think and feel. Yes, he was refering to "Secular" music and how it can illusion your mind into thinking that certain things are ok. Well, Yes, I respected him to a point, but for the most part I never really got it until recently.

There are certain songs that I "LOVE" but for certain reasons I cant allow myself to listen to.. Why? well, they remind me of someone that I shouldnt be thinking about. Yes, I said that. Someone from my past, that came into my present, who I had to send back into my past.
So not helping, I hear this song called "lips of Angel" by Hinder.. which totally takes my thoughts where they need not be.. *sigh*

One of the hardest things I have ever had to do.. and It sucks. Anyways, so as to not torture myself anymore, I have been trying to "sensor" what I listen to..

So, have I shocked you yet?? Yes, I am usually a pretty private person. Why? honestly, because I have trust issues. Yes, I do. Ive learned not to tell anyone anything that you do not want repeated, why? because usually no matter if there was a "promise" made it still gets repeated.. there are the exceptions.. DH and my SIL..
they are the 2 that I can tell things to, and If I ask them not to be repeated, I know it wont be.. ok.. well, I just went from being in a semi good mood to a crappy one, so I am done writing....

anyways, so what Ive been listening too lately, Honestly..

Kids music is what is most played in this house..

but I have managed to download a few newer songs of itunes:

Curious George soundtrack ( Jack Johnson)
Chasing Cars ( snow Patrol)
How to Save a Life( the Fray)
Life is a Highway ( rascal Flatts)
Leap frog baby song ( yes, i do dance around and act foolish with my kids)
Rascal Flatts -me and my gang
Blue Light- ( dont remember the artist)

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

I'm sure we all have songs that bring back memories. Some good, some bad. Amazing how hearing just the smallest bit of it can change your mood.
I love the list you came up with Jess! ;)

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home